Code Of Conduct
The Scaling Partners code is a real differentiator.
It sets Scaling Partners and its consultants apart. It is what we stand for, as professional managers buying into and personifying the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) vision. The Code refers to competence, professionalism, honesty and integrity and the duty to keep up-to-date with current good practice.
The Code forms a critical ingredient of our value proposition. It also sends a clear message to organisations that, by employing Scaling Partners consultants or, in fact, applying the Code within the organisation itself, they gain immediate added value.
The Code is reviewed and approved by the CMI Board of Trustees on a three yearly cycle.
Our guide to the Scaling Partners code of conduct:
1. Behaving in an open, honest and trustworthy manner
- Being responsible and accountable for our actions and decisions.
- Exhibiting and defending professional and personal integrity at all times.
- Disclosing any personal interest which may affect our decisions.
- Acting reasonably and justifiably in identifying and resolving conflicts of values, including those of an ethical nature.
- Being truthful and transparent in all communications.
- Neither offering nor accepting gifts, hospitality or services which could create, or imply, an improper obligation.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations in the countries where we are operating.
2. Acting in the best interests of our organisation, customers, clients and/or partners
- Safeguarding and not seeking personal advantage from all confidential, proprietary, commercially sensitive and personal information that comes into our possession, only disclosing it to those entitled to receive it.
- Acting in a manner which supports the organisation’s overall objectives and reputation.
- Serving customers and clients to the highest possible standards at all times.
- Establishing, maintaining and developing business relationships based on mutual confidence, trust and respect.
3. Continually developing and maintaining professional knowledge and competence
- Striving for excellence at all times.
- Continuing to develop professionally, maintaining relevant knowledge and competence.
- Acting only in accordance with our level of capability and in accordance with the highest standards of professional behaviour and performance.
- Seeking support if asked to act beyond our current level of capability
4. Creating a positive impact on society
- Treating others fairly and with respect, promoting equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion, and
- supporting human rights and dignity.
- Addressing the interests and needs of all stakeholders in a balanced manner.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of our work is as positive as possible.
- Challenging and reporting conduct or behaviour which you suspect to be unlawful
- or unethical, and encouraging others to do so.
- Recognising and valuing the responsibilities you have to the communities in which you operate.
- Exhibiting personal leadership as a role model for maintaining the highest standards.
5. Respecting the people with whom you work
Supporting colleagues to understand fully their responsibilities, areas of authority and accountability.
- Encouraging and assisting colleagues to develop their skills and progress their careers, valuing the contribution which they make, and recognising their achievements.
- Promoting, enhancing, sharing and encouraging best management practice.
- Acting consistently and fairly when addressing personal performance or standards of behaviour.
- Having regard for the physical and mental health, safety and wellbeing of colleagues, recognising their specific needs and the pressures and problems they face.
- Demonstrating respect in all interactions, whether face-to-face or virtually.
- Taking all necessary steps to ensure that individuals are not subjected to harassment, sexual harassment or bullying.
6. Upholding the reputation of the profession and the CMI
- Promoting the CMI’s mission, vision, values and standing as the UK’s leading professional body for management, leadership, and consultancy.
- Upholding the profession’s integrity and good standing and refraining from conduct which detracts from its reputation.
- Observing the standards of professional conduct and behaviour as set out in this Code, and other relevant professional standards.
- Complying with all reasonable requests made by the Institute for information to support its activities.